Monday, June 22, 2015

Tippy's Favourite Blushes (Part 2 - Matte/Shimmer)

I'm back and I know that I mentioned in the last post that we will be moving on to some of my best matte-er shades. But before I continue, I have to admit that I got mistaken when I was planning this series and upon looking at their closeups, these blushes are actually a mix of matte and slightly shimmery ones! Nevertheless, they are still one of my favourites so please enjoy this post without labelling them entirely "matte". I will still be labelling which is shimmery/matte.. Im really very sorry about this mistake! T_T

If you haven't read the Tippy's Favourite Blushes (Part 1 - Shimmery), you can do so Here.
Alright let's go!!

These 3 blushes are from MakeUpGeek (MG) and despite looking very matte on skin, it contains a little bit of glitter (which are too little to be captured on my camera). MG is one of my favourite online brands ever and I want to own all of their products! I stalk their site + social media so consistently, and I really respect how Marlena (owner of MG) works so hard to let us have the good stuff without breaking our pockets! Im always excited to hear from her and the first to sign up for new product launches.

*Side note: Marlena is sick (allergy reaction) atm because of testing formulations for us. Product launch this july/august are gonna be delayed but it dont matter, get well soon please!

Top down Swatches & their corresponding pans: Hanky PankySecret Admirer and Spellbound.

MG's products come in either Pan or Packaged, which gives you the freedom of choice to customize your own palette/ individual collection - I always purchase them in pans and keep them in a ZPalette. Also, they are very affordably priced for their quality so when they JUST released these blushes, I purchased 3 of them at a go. They are USD$9.99 each and you can get them Here.

Next up: Etude House Lovely Cookie Blushes. I own 3 shades of these, and 2 of them instantly became my favourite. I've just pictured all of them here in case someone wants a swatch comparison (: Side note: I bought these when I was on a trip to KL during christmas season sale - but you can buy them Here at a discounted price (almost the same price as Korea).

 From left to right: #06 Grapefruit Jelly, #04 Carrot Cheesecake, and #03 Raspberry Tart.



Close up of swatches, you can see which contains shimmer:


#06 Grapefruit Jelly (most left) is my favourite of the trio, and it is matte. I always get compliments when I wear this! #03 Raspberry Tart (most right) is a very vibrant pink which shows up with a purple undertone on my skin - this has some glitter but alike MG's blushes, it is not obvious. #04 Carrot Cheesecake (middle) lived up to its name and made me look like a carrot- which I am not a fan of.

The Etude Cookie blushes are smooth and applied very well, but they drop off easily and do not have a long wear time - they became my favourites partially due to this feature they had (dropping off easily but prettily), this was because I could pack loads of product on my cheeks without giving a hoot when I am in a rush. BUT one thing I didn't like was that it made the glitter in #04 carrot cheesecake travel all around my face. I don't fancy this look, but that is just me, and maybe some people are okay with it because it gives them a "glowy" effect.


After some rubbing, get what I mean? (: It's very light but there is still something there- so it gives a very natural finish after some time (30mins on my face / externally oily).

Another blush from Etude House which applied very naturally and lightly was this:
The XOXO Minnie Touch Blusher, how cute is the packaging!


This blush is limited edition, and I don't think you can get it anywhere anymore. The last time I checked, it was still available Here online. I wanted to show you how it swatched in comparison to the other permanent etude blushes available, and also to thank the darling who passed it on to me (she has dark skin). Therefore, please note that this shade will work only on very fair to medium fair skin.



Left to Right - Purple, Darker pink, Lighter peach, All Mixed.

I am usually the fairest/ 2nd fairest of foundations and I use this mixed, as a base below any other blushes to make my skin look fairer than it actually is. (Oh, mini tip!) However, no matter how good it applied, I felt that this blush wasn't buildable (it will not go heavier than this).

Last but not least, this very pigmented orange blush "Lover" from Illamasqua ! My bf bought this for me when we were in BKK, when Illamasqua was not readily available in Singapore yet. You can however, view them now in Robinsons Orchard.

This is how it looks like in its packaging (below)- picture taken from an online source because I have popped my pan out of the packaging and I cant find its case.


Swatch of it:


Unlike any other orange blushes I've used, this did not turn me into a "carrot" XD , somehow it made me look slightly tanner than I was, and gave me a beautiful healthy flush! The formulation of this powder blush is matte, highly pigmented and finely milled so application was flawless. Just a little of this went a long way for me (above is a very light swatch)- but despite its cost I felt that this was well worth its price! I don't use this everyday, only on special occasions because, well its costly for me and that it lasted longer when comparing it to the Tarte blushes. 

I found almost all their powder pigments to be SO pigmented, and went back to Illamasqua repeatedly. I currently own 3 of their brow powders (I cannot live without them), 2 nail varnishes, an eyeshadow and a foundation powder pact. I will be back to swatch them for you... till then!

Thank you so much for reading and I hope this review + swatches helped! Please let me know your favourite blushes because Im curious like that!

That's all folks! Please remember to follow/ subscribe, share and comment!
Follow me on Instagram: shermaine.ng

**Btw I have 18% code on Zalora and I don't have anything to buy, you can use it under their 'Sephora' tab for cosmetics and others! Comment/ Email/ Text me for the code. First come first serve!

No comments: