Tuesday, July 21, 2015

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Highlighter in Lightscapade

Hi guys! Singapore just had our yearly GSS (Great Singapore Sale) and I've picked up quite a few products; today I will be writing a short post about a jewel I've found recently and that's the Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Highlighter in Lightscapade !

Lightscapade is described as a soft candlelit beige with multidimensional shimmer. I've been going crazy with highlights lately because it gives me such a dewy finish without feeling oily (yes, I'm super oily and acne-prone!)

Exterior Packaging- Look how pretty it looks sitting in its dome-shaped case!


The marbleised colouring of this correcting highlight powder is EVEN MORE GORGEOUS. I love it.


When I wear this, I feel that its really soft in both its application and finish - it has shimmers but they are so micro that it did not look like I was SHINING, if you get what I mean. Even though it may seem white against my skin at first glance, I feel that this highlighter seems to lean on to a subtle blue-pink hue underneath the white, as opposed to it being a full white. It's also really versatile, and I feel that it can be layered over any blush. However, because of how light this shade is, I only highly recommend it for super pale to fair skin tones. It will however, work for everyone as a undereye / tearduct highlight and I've tried that myself too!


Shine bright like a diamond ;) Hehehe. When I swatched this, immediately I thought of another subtle-glow favourite - the Laura Mercier Highlight in 01. Below is the swatch of them side by side: 

Left being Lightscapade, Right being Highlight 01.


They are both really fine powders, with a subtle micro shimmer in it that gives me that soft glow. I really love that about highlighters because that would mean its super natural makeup application! The Laura Mercier Highlight 01 leans more beige/peach than the Lightscapade.

Even if I had to give a recommendation to get either one, in this case, it depends alot on what you want: If you'd prefer just a soft and natural glow - then go with the Laura Mercier. Else, if you'd like a little brightening properties in it, then pick up the Mac Lightscapade! I love them both equally.

You can get both of them in Singapore's Sephora Ion Outlet, and here are their price comparison:

MAC Lightscapade, 10g, is SGD$46
Laura Mercier Highlight 01, 7.5g, is SGD$58

Sometimes, I do hauls at 10-30% discount! So drop me an email if you're looking to buy some items and we'll work something out.

No comments: