Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Ben Nye Loose Powders

Hey guys! :D

Recently, I've been discussing the cult-favourite Ben Nye Luxury Banana Powder with my friends, and how everyone seems to rave about them! They have such an array of shades to choose from, unlike the standard 'universal translucent' shade that is most common. I love that there are so many colours- which also means that most of us can choose our shades more accurately!

Last month, I decided to get most of them around my shade to try out, and so I'm here to swatch them for you guys! I've only received them last week, and have already tried them a couple of times.

Without further ado, the shades I've purchased: 
Buff, Cameo, Rose Petal, Neutral Set, Fair and of course, Banana.


How they look like in their sample pot sizes:


Swatches swapped once, in correspondence!


How they look blended out:


I find that these are really mattifying, and they do not cake on me. They keep fully-made up face fresh without extra sebum for 4-6 hours, which is slightly more than how powders keep my face matte (usually 1-2 hours, yes im super oily!)

These powders come from different price ranges on different sites. The one I found most affordable and most customized (sizes, shades available, shipping) is from www.makeupmania.com.

The Ben Nye Face Powder, USD$6 for their smallest size:
Sizes Available: 0.9oz, 1.5oz, 3oz, 8oz
9 shades available to choose from!
Click here to view.

The Ben Nye Luxury Powder, USD$12 for their smallest size:
Sizes Available: 0.93oz, 1.5oz, 3oz
4 shades available to choose from!
Click here to view.

The Ben Nye Luxury Powder in Banana is a dollar more expensive,
USD$13 for their smallest size.
Sizes Available: 0.93oz, 1.5oz, 3oz
Click here to view.

All their powders looks and feel the same on first glance, but when applied, the Face Powders leave heavier cast on my face, especially the Neutral and Fair shades. However, the Luxury Powders are very natural on me.

If you feel that you'd rather also try them out themselves, they are also available in their sample pots sizes, as I have purchased! They are really affordable at USD$2.99 for 3 small pots! Click here to view full details!

Thank you for reading! I hope I have helped in this post, see you soon! XO

No comments: