Thursday, June 11, 2015

Just abit about me!

Hello everyone! So.... Ive just decided to jump on the BLOGGING bandwagon!! Well, I've always wanted to beauty blog, and trust me, I've been procrastinating - being quite a prick about blog template and all. I've also just ended my first year exams (yes, I'm studying full time!) and I had some time on hand while the boyfriend is at work, so I thought,

If not now, when?

A picture of me- bare-faced and with absolutely no edits,
with my most favourite in the world- Puffy! She's giving me kisses just this morning.

Just some basic self-introduction first before the ball starts rolling:

I'm Shermaine, and a university student on the sunny little island of Singapore. It all started with this humid weather - it irritates my acne-prone/ sensitive/ oily skin constantly! I was with my momsie when I first touched makeup and skincare 10 years ago, and with the hopes of covering AND healing all the redness and zits out - COSMETICS - my happy place.

Makeup covered my flaws, and alongside removing disapproving stares on the streets, it helped me out with my self-confidence. Of course, because of factors like how I had absolutely no clue on how to properly care for my skin (pre-and-post makeup) and my already-bad skin condition, my skin keeps breaking out.

Today, I am constantly on the hunt for new products- what is good and what I feel isn't my cut. Pursuing the perfect combination of skincare and makeup is a challenge and an addiction- to find something that hydrates and protects my dehydrated skin underneath the perfect makeup that would cover my skin well, yet still appearing natural, something that wouldn't melt under this crazy weather, or end the day with an oil-slicked face that could cook a dozen eggs D:

So alongside the fact that I am a cosmetics-addict and wanting to record my hoards of products on a blog, I have an unfulfilled dream to be sent products to review and that my review will in turn help the people that read my blog/ social media platforms. I know things don't happen overnight, but I'm willing to take this chance to improve myself and see how things go from there (:

Other than being a cosmetic-crazy student, I am also currently freelancing as a makeup artist. I do sometimes have clients that ask me questions regarding to products, how to use them and if I had any Tips and Tricks to share. This is another reason why I am setting up TooTippy, to link them to something and to let them refer to it whenever and however convenient to them (and myself la :p)

I am very clear that there are SO MANY great people out there reviewing products, but I just want to make this little difference and share my happiness with all those of you who are interested in knowing just a little more about a certain product. Being very spontaneous about opening TooTippy, I would honestly want to admit that I currently do not have a definite schedule for articles, nor do I know which direction I am heading for. I will start out by writing in ways I am comfortable to do, and please please please tell me and forgive me if I say/ do something wrongly! Its my first time at this- so, please please please be nice! I do listen to constructive criticism - but I am but human too - if you're too harsh I will break too T_T

That's about it!

Please remember to follow/ subscribe, share and comment!
Follow me on Instagram: shermaine.ng
Thank you for reading!

No comments: