Wednesday, June 24, 2015

MAC LIPPIES HAUL!

I've long heard about these, and how SO MANY raves about them cute gun bullets. I tried to avoid them just because I didn't want to follow the crowd, but realised I couldn't anymore. Im curious to know what these babies are all about, and I want to know if they are over-hyped!

So recently, I went on a Carousell-trade hunt. I have so many makeup products and extra duplicates that I decided if I needn't spend extra money, I wouldn't mind trying them out! BUT the thing about Carousell is that they are so many fakes out there! Nevertheless, I found resellers who seemed "trustworthy enough" (and also considering the fact I got lucky cause they didnt mind the trade!).

These are the few I've got, and here's how they look like when I just received them.


Do you spot the difference that I see? I've had this really bad feeling about this batch because they came from different resellers - but how can the same company make different looks of its packaging?


Do you see another 3 big differences in their barcodes? I got REALLY scared that I've received fakes sold as "authentic" and immediately whatsapp-ed one of my friends who was a fan of MAC Lippies- she owns many collected over the years.


Here is how they looked at the base of their gun-bullet packaging. Note the difference in print and emboss too. I was going out of my mind whilst trying to smell them out- I've heard how fakes were bad at copying the original packaging and they have very bad effects on one's lips. They smell like Vanilla Cream to me, not of the plasticky-fake sort of smell (If you get what I mean). BUT, we can never be too sure especially when the source is not known- I was not trading away my pricey authentic cosmetics for fakes!

Coincidentally, I was at a mall having dinner with TM (my bf) and mum-in-law, and there's a MAC store there. I made a quick errand to the store and spoke with the store manager - whilst she checked and I compared them to their originals (S$30 each) - and I realised one thing - their packaging weren't consistent too.

The manager explained - MAC is a multi-million international brand, and they have stores all over the world; which meant that there are gonna be different suppliers handling various big loads. Different areas in the world receive different items, though their ingredients stay the same. Different batches, have different emboss/print on them as well and mine, came from different parts of the world (lol). They get forwarded and stocked to/from different places so its normal. The plasticky smell vs Vanilla Cream smell though, she says.. "Is true".  Of course, I felt overly sensitive at that moment and smiled stupidly. I got worried for nothing.

Phew.

Enough said, here are the colours!
Left to Right: Limited Edition Viva Glam Gaga (Lustre), Honey Love (Matte), Kinda Sexy (Matte), Please Me (Matte), Candy Yum Yum (Matte), Impassioned (Amplified), Lady Danger (Matte).



I hadn't noticed that I traded for more Matte finishes than others, not that I mind! I really hate how some lipsticks left my lips sticky and uncomfortable.

Now to the lip swatches + wearability swatches! Please pardon the bad lip swatches (I have VERY dry and uneven lips, also.. it's my first time and I will try to do it better in the next round!) All of them are colour edited to match how it looks like in real life- NOTHING ELSE is edited! See my bad chapped lips?? Anyway, this is about the lippies... focus on the colours k? :D


Viva Glam Gaga (Lustre)-  Limited Edition - Cool Pink Tone
When I first opened it, I went "Oh this is very Gaga". I think I could carry this off when I had blond hair, but now that my black roots have already grown out, I don't think us Asians can carry it off very well. You will need a very dramatic eye look to go with this so you don't look "sick". This came of as a chalky application and you would need a few layers to even it out, and though its finish was "lustre" it felt more like a chalky matte to me. Sadly, I don't think things will work out between me and this new found love.



Honey Love (Matte) - Light beige toned with rose
This shade is well loved by all- it is so smooth and easy to wear, but I felt a little washed out after I saw the picture of myself. It is a bad idea to take pictures with a lippie without any makeup on right??? Well, a friend of mine was with me when I first put this on (with makeup), and she loved how it looked like on me. I however, think it makes me look like I don't have a mouth. Agree?? Nevertheless you can pair this up with almost anything- from a natural look to a dramatic one, its easy to match.



Kinda Sexy (Matte) - Neutral Pinky-Rose
This is also another well-loved nude colour. I like this more than Honey Love because it has the teeeeeniest hint of peachy pink to it. I foresee using this a lot.



Please Me (Matte) - Muted Rosy-Tinted Pink
This is your everyday pink that is just the right amount. It doesn't come off as "too much", yet it is still noticeable. An alternative to nude! I love this and I'd be using a lot of this too.




Candy Yum Yum (Matte) - Bright Pink/ Fuchsia
This is a popular favourite that will give you a dollish look! I feel that this fuschia will look good on many skin tones, and I can see why its a favourite! I like it too~



Impassioned (Amplified) - Amped-up Fuchsia
This is like a pink-coral-red mix for me, and I like how unique this shade looks! I would use this on a lazy day when I only have foundation and eyeliner on - just to get that flush of colour.



Lady Danger (Matte) - Vivid Bright Coral Red
Isn't this pretty? I've never owned a bright coral red and I have always wanted to! I see this alot on k-drama, and I find that it gives a very classy look to the wearer.

(Tip!) If you're wondering why my lips don't look THAT chapped even though I complain so, that's because I've recently been trying out a new product: Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask (S$27). It seriously does wonders! I've applied that in between lip swatches so the swatching would not burn my lips.

Hope this helped and let me know if you have any colours that you'd like me to try because you absolutely LOVVVVEEEE IT. Should I haul on MAC soon?

Please remember to follow/ subscribe, share and comment!
Follow me on Instagram: shermaine.ng
Thank you for reading!


No comments: