Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Illamasqua's Brow Cakes

Hi beautiful people! I'm sorry that I haven't been around lately and my last post was more than a week ago. I've been really busy at work and decluttering my vanity! In addition, I finally purchased the Ikea's Alex Drawers in 9 compartments. I'm about half done cleaning my house, but decided not to disappear too long, away from blogging!

So today will be a relatively short post (Or that I try to, hehe), I will be talking about one of my all-time favourite brow products mostly- something my friends frequently ask because of its unique shades and high staying-power!

Presenting... The Illamasqua Brow Cake!


Outermost Box Packaging > Exterior Casing


How their interiors look like, 
From L-R: Stark (My newest red-hair influenced addition), Gaze, Thunder

My all-time most recommended shade is in Thunder, the most versatile colour for us asians! If your hair is jet black, then I would recommend Gaze. Before I had my crazy red hair, I like to mix thunder and Gaze up, keeping gaze more pigmented in the 2/3 most outer corners of my brow. Now, I mix Stark and thunder for a softer brow look without it looking too out-of-this-world.

These babies are a little dry when I tried to swatch the colours on my wrist like an eyeshadow. But I promise these go on very easily and are really blendable + buildable.. most importantly, they STAY. Even on my oily skin, in this humid crazy Singapore weather, yes this stays (as long as you blot it correctly and not scratch/ rub on it).


Clean Undrawn Brows
Brows draw with Stark
Brows draw with Gaze
Brows draw with Thunder
In Singapore, the ONLY place you can touch their products is their little store in Robinsons Orchard. (to the best of my knowledge till date). My most recent addition was purchased during the June/July GSS period as a bonus set - SGD$50 w/o Gst for my own choice of brow cake and eyeshadow pact. Here is a picture and a swatch of the eyeshadow I chose (:




The eyeshadow colour I chose is in 'Forgiveness'. Forgiveness is a mauvy-dull brownish red. Somehow when applied it looks alot darker, and pigmented than in its pan. The shadow is a tad dry, like the brow cake and I'm not a fan of such powdery-ness for shadows, but this builds on and this wont be an issue.


The last time I've checked, the brow powder cakes retail for SGD$39 w/o gst, and the powder eyeshadows are going for SGD$36 w/0 gst, each. BUT I have recently found them priced SGD$10+ lesser online and this online website ships to Singapore for a minimal fee (or free shipping if you spend over a certain amount - from what I can recall, is not hard to hit) 

Click Here to shop Illamasqua Brow Cake at SGD$27.10. 
Click Here to shop Illamasqua Powder Eyeshadow for SGD$25.50. 

Sometimes, BeautyBay has site-wide offers, and you can even upgrade your shipping to premier service for a minimal fee if you'd like! Right now, they are having a huge sale of up to 70%... which some items include one of my favourites like for example Urban Decay!

Don't say I got good lobang I never share ah! :P

No comments: